Sunday, July 20, 2014

The story of US .

          Okay, as promised before, I thought I should give you the background story of me and JP.  I know, I know all of these getting to know you posts are probably a little more than tiresome, but I thought that you should feel like you really know me before I start posting more fun things!  So, if you are still here... be patient with me. and thank you for checking back.  Those of you who are new to Vine Street, welcome! So happy to meet you! Go ahead and check out my previous post if you want more of the details on me and some of the things that i really love. Okay, here we go!
          So, to start off, i need to give you all a little background on where me and JP were in our lives up until we knew each other.  JP had just returned from Paris, serving his mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in February of 2012.  Seeing as how he had been gone for the past two years, he decided he would dip his toes into the social networking system and start dating that way, talking to girls he had never met before.... Now, i wish that i could say that i was the very first girl that he contacted when he got home, but that's just not the truth!  JP is too cute for his own good, and had zero trouble finding anyone who wanted to date him.  I on the other had was trying NOT to date a single soul.  I had decided once starting college to date as many people as i could find. I really wanted to meet every single different kind of personality that I could find, to see what i really liked in a guy, and what i really didn't like. Now, I had dated people in the past, I wasn't foreign to relationships, and i knew the good ones from the bad ones... BUT! I wanted to know exactly what made a relationship go south, you know, trying to find exactly what things made me run from a guy, or the things that made me feel like I could maybe get close to them.  So i spent about a year and a half straight doing this, finding common traits that I liked and disliked among different men, and truthfully i probably hurt a lot of feelings along the way, (and i'm sorry) I distanced a lot of people. After doing this for a while, and figuring out the things I needed in a relationship, I actually grew tired of dating.  Like seriously tired of it... so i decided to stop. That was it, i just needed a break from it all. You know how they all go, the same interview questions, over and over again, and you're both trying to bring s o m e t h i n g  -  a n y t h i n g different or new to the conversation to spice things up, and just falling short. However, my dating hiatus didn't last me very long...
          One day I got a friend request from JP.... When i normally get a friend request, I check to see what friends we have in common, and in this case, we had NONE. literally zero mutual friends... So I kind of laughed, and clicked on him, thinking I would just look at his profile and never answer his friend request... But then I saw him... and he was maybe the cutest thing I had ever seen... and I was like okayyyy, well he is super cute... but he is probably not my type AT ALL! super judgmental right? I know. But as I scrolled through his profile, I saw that we had some things in common, and got pretty excited... I decided I would think about it and decide what to do later. The next day, my sister was laying on my bed with me and i decided to show her this guy who added me... we both agreed that I needed to add him, and truthfully I just really wanted to kiss him! I decided I needed to get the ball rollin' and wrote him a message the next day, it said exactly this," Heyyy.... you seem pretty cool! We should be friends." Kind of a lame intro right? I know. But it worked! He gave me his number and we texted for one day before we met...
          Now some of you might get mad at me for this part of the story... and looking back on it now, I totally and completely agree that I was incredibly stupid, and even in the moment, I knew I was stupid... So try not to be super angry... Okay, here goes nothin.
        It was 10 o'clock on a Thursday in May of 2012 and me and my man had been texting for one day.  I was pretty excited to meet him because since we had been texting I had learned we had a lot more in common than I originally thought. We both had an insane love for everything music, same taste in music, origami, Oreo's, the wind, and many more. And if you know me, you know that anyone who loves origami and Oreo's is a friend of mine... Anyways! My parents travel a lot, they have my whole entire life, so I was alone at my house a lot of the time. We were texting and he asked me what I was up to, and mind you at this time we had already scheduled a date for Saturday, and it was Thursday.  So, I told him I had just taken my parents to the airport, and that I was home alone. (First mistake, i know. None of you ever say that to someone you met online and have no friends in common with, okay?) He replied, "thanks for the invite." Thinking to myself that it was already 10pm, and that we already had plans for two days later, i decided it was a safe bet that he wouldn't come over if I invited him. I was wrong. I told him he could come over, and he replied by asking for my address. Shoot. I gave it to him. I know... mistake number 2... So I ran and got ready, completely unsure about how this night was going to play out, and trust me, I was terrified he was going to kidnap me. All of a sudden every worst case scenario played through my head, but... I didn't do anything about it, like I didn't even tell anyone I was hanging out with this mystery man... no one even knew that were WAS a mystery man...  Correct: mistake number 3. So I started to get really nervous that He wasn't going to be who he said he was going to be, so I decided I would wait for him in my garage instead of letting him come to my front door. Literally anyone could overpower me at my front door, but i figured i could just shut my garage if he wasn't who he said he was... I didn't really think about the fact that garage doors close verrrryy slowly... it just seemed like the best idea at the time...
          So he shows up at my house, and boy was I relieved that it was actually him!!! But then I did something none of you should ever do... I got right into his car.  I know. I know. I know. Mistake 4! How dumb of a girl could I be... Literally putting myself in the worst situations, and I am SO cautious, like I wish you knew how out of my comfort zone this was. I mean, I am scared of toilet papering... ask my friends. But I got in his car, and we were immediately best friends. It was literally like we had hung out dozens of times before, and our conversation seemed to pick right up where it would have left if we had ever met before.  W e went to dinner, (at taco bell, uh huh...) and then back to my house where he serenaded me on the piano for hours. And I. was. mesmerized. I'm serious, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. It was like the energy in the room was pulling me, no, dragging me as hard as it possibly could in his direction. I could hardly see straight. We then swapped some music, and make bracelets together, and talked and laughed and laughed and talked and talked and talked literally the entire night. I can remember his hand brushing my leg a couple of times while we were making bracelets, and I'm telling you, my world started spinning... and I was so confused because he was supposed to be this man that I had never met, but he felt so much like home that I didn't even know how to respond. The night flew by. It was almost 5 in the morning by the time he left my house, and I was completely surprised about how the whole night turned out! I was planning on having this kiss and no tell night with this extremely cute boy, but it was nothing like I had expected. I never imagined to click with this stranger how I did, but I wanted more of it... I don't think I recognized it at the time, but looking back now, I think I might have loved him that very first night. And he did too! The minute he left he texted his best friend and told him that he loved me... how crazy is that. Literally I never would have thought.
          We talked non stop after that first night, and couldn't wait to be together again on Saturday for our date! He picked me up and we went to dinner, and then came back to my house and watched 500 days of summer, which is both of our favorite movie! I can remember that very first time we cuddled, I LOVED it! Oh, i probably should have mentioned this before, my husband is 6'7"... so he is sort of big! He kissed me for the first time during that movie, and it was perfect. After that night, we spent every single day together, and fell more and more in love as time went on.  We became official the 3rd of July, and he told me he loved me a few days after that. But he didn't even have to say it, I already knew, because I felt the same. We dated for one year and one week before we got engaged, and were married in the Salt Lake Temple 2 months later on August 20, 2013. That was a perfect day. Now we are almost at our one year mark and we really are learning to love each other more all the time.
          Isn't that kind of a funny story? I never would have thought Facebook would have helped me find my  husband, but hey, don't knock it till you try it! Anyways here are some pics of us from our dating life, some wedding day, and a couple from married life! enjoy! I'll be back soon to post about thrift shopping, and to show you some of my favorite most recent finds!













                                                                             xoxo

1 comment:

  1. If you had just checked with me first, I could have told you he was safe - just a gentle giant. Always has been. Such a sweet story. It makes me so happy to hear how much you love him!

    ReplyDelete